Today (October 3, 2019) we released a new edition of Directive 056: Energy Development Applications and Schedules that comes into effect October 17, 2019.
Section 7.8 has been updated as follows:
- The Lahee classification system has been replaced with a new one that distinguishes between exploration and exploitation activity while taking into account other unique well types drilled in Alberta.
- The applicability of the “confidential below” designation will now only be assessed after a well is drilled.
- Drill cutting sample requirements have been updated to align with the new classification system.
Directive 056 is available on the AER website, www.aer.ca. Printed copies of the directive can be purchased from AER Information Distribution Services, Suite 1000, 250 – 5 Street SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 0R4; telephone: 403-297-8311 or 1-855-297-8311 (toll free; option 0); fax: 403-297-7040; email: InformationRequest@aer.ca.
Also effective October 17, all applications for new well licences must be submitted through OneStop. In addition, the Directive 056 changes will be incorporated into OneStop.
As a result of the transition of these well applications to OneStop, the Digital Data Submission (DDS) system will stop accepting new well applications as of 5:00 p.m. on October 10, 2019.
To submit a well licence application through OneStop, you will need
- a valid business associate (BA) code, and
- a valid DDS system account (needed to log in to OneStop).
In addition, the DDS administrator must assign new roles to your DDS users, including consultants submitting applications on your behalf. The new OneStop roles are as follows:
- Submit Wells – enables users to access OneStop and submit applications; it includes the Save Application role
- Save Wells – enables users to access OneStop and save draft applications; it includes the Search Submission role
- Search Wells – enables users to access OneStop; users cannot save or submit applications
A system outage will be scheduled to implement these changes. Further information about this outage will be posted on our System & Tools portal on our website.
If you have questions about OneStop, please contact the AER’s Customer Contact Centre by phone at 403-297-8311 (1-855-297-8311 toll free) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.