As of January 31, 2019, companies will be able to submit annual reports of methane emissions (including vent gas and fugitive emissions).
A new edition of Directive 060: Upstream Petroleum Industry Flaring, Incinerating, and Venting was released on December 13, 2018, to support annual methane emission reporting. The first mandatory reporting year is 2019, and the first annual methane emission report is due June 1, 2020.
To submit the reports, the following are required:
- A valid business associate (BA) code
- A valid Digital Data Submission (DDS) system account (needed to log into OneStop)
DDS administrators must assign new roles to their DDS users, which may include consulting companies that are submitting on behalf of a DDS user. The new roles for Directive 060 methane submissions are as follows:
- Submit report—enables users to access OneStop and submit new reports; it includes the save reports role
- Save report—enables users to access OneStop and save draft submissions; it includes the search reports role
- Search report—enables users to access OneStop (users cannot save or submit reports)
Details about upcoming training sessions can be found on the AER events page.
A system outage will be scheduled to implement these changes. Further information about this outage will be posted on our System & Tools portal on our website, www.aer.ca.
If you have questions about OneStop, please contact the AER’s Customer Contact Centre by phone at 403-297-8311 (1-855-297-8311 toll free) or by email at email@example.com.