GC Industry Bulletin 2019-18 New Fugitive Emissions Management Guideline
New Fugitive Emissions Management Guideline
EFFECTIVE DATE: Jan. 1, 2020
The BC Oil and Gas Commission (Commission) has released a new guideline on the management of fugitive methane emissions. The Fugitive Emissions Management Guideline is intended to support the new leak detection and repair requirements of the Drilling and Production Regulation that come into effect on Jan. 1, 2020. A copy of the guideline is available on the Commission’s website and attached:
The guideline contains:
• Fugitive emissions management plan development information.
• Leak detection survey procedures, frequency, spacing and timing guidance.
• Training and competency expectations.
• Leak repair tracking, management and verification procedures.
• Data collection and management requirements.
Also detailed in the guideline are specific requirements for providing information to the Commission on an annual basis via eSubmission. An eSubmission data collection template will be published by the Commission by January 2020.
Industry is expected to report 2020 data to eSubmission by May 31, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding this Industry Bulletin, please contact:
Marie Johnson Air Emissions Specialist BC Oil and Gas Commission Marie.Johnson@bcogc.ca 250-419-4467