Message from the AER:
Release Date: Oct 21, 2019
As a result of our continual review of requirements and processes, we determined that the following regulatory documents are no longer necessary, and they are now rescinded:
- Informational Letter 83-02: Annual Reservoir Review for Gas Pools
- Interim Directive 96-03: Oilfield Waste Management Requirements for the Upstream Petroleum Industry
Informational Letter 83-02: Annual Reservoir Review for Gas Pools was released on March 28, 1983, to outline the procedures for industry submission of gas reservoir studies. It has now been rescinded for the following reasons:
- We no longer release general bulletins to request the submission of gas pool information.
- Requirements related to gas pool production submissions are found in Directive 017: Measurement Requirements for Oil and Gas Operations, and information regarding the conservation of gas pools in Alberta is submitted in accordance with unit 2 of Directive 065: Resources Applications for Oil and Gas Reservoirs.
Interim Directive 96-03: Oilfield Waste Management Requirements for the Upstream Petroleum Industry was released on November 22, 1996, to introduce and briefly describe the forthcoming sections of Guide 058 (now Directive 058). It has now been rescinded for the following reason:
- These requirements are found in Directive 058: Oilfield Waste Requirements for the Upstream Petroleum Industry.
Questions can be directed to the Customer Contact Centre by telephone (403-297-8311) or email (Inquiries@aer.ca).